Phoenix Yacht Club is funded entirely by its members and encourages members to use the yachts as often as possible.
Membership Fees (From 1/3/2019)
|Adult Members||£110 p.a.|
|Introductory Membership||£30 for a single month|
|Adult Members' children or grandchildren under 18 years of age||Included in adult membership fee. |
50% of Sailing Fees
|Adults 18 - 25 years of age||50% of Adult membership fee|
Sailing Fees (from 1/3/2019)
|Winter (November to March)||£28 per day||£38 per day|
|Mid-Season (April, May & October)||£38 per day||£58 per day|
|Summer (June to September)||£43 per day||£68 per day|
|Club Training, non-RYA (additional to Sailing Fees)||£15 per day||£15 per day|
|RYA Certificated Training (additional to Sailing Fees)||£15 per day||£15 per day|
|Racing premium (additional to Sailing Fees)||£15 per day||£15 per day|
*note Bank Holidays currently charged at week-day rate (concession until further notice)
We appreciate that some potential members may like to try the club before they join, especially if new to sailing. To address this we offer a one-off introductory membership subject to the following conditions:
- The introductory membership period lasts for one month, starting on the first day you sail with us.
- At the end of this month you have the option to apply for full membership, and pay the difference between the introductory membership fee and the applicable full membership fee.
- You can only have introductory membership once. If you choose not to join in the same membership year as your introductory membership, and later wish to join us you would need to apply for full membership immediately.
- Introductory members can sail with us as often as they wish during the period of their introductory membership, but cannot participate in training and have no vote in any meetings of the club.
- Introductory membership fees and sailing fees are payable in advance, to secure your introductory sail.
- If you need to cancel your introductory sail, our cancellations policy is that sailing fees are only refunded if more then four weeks notice is given. Introductory membership fees will be refunded because the membership will not have started.
Subscription Discount Scheme
The current scheme was introduced with the acquisition of Quartette's predecessor Firebird. The scheme allows club members, in return for making a debenture of £1000 to the club, a discount of £50 on their annual subscriptions and 10% discount on sailing fees. The debentures are for a period of 10 years, although they may be repaid earlier at the Club’s discretion.
Skippers over 35 years old are required to be members of this or earlier schemes.